Five and a half years ago, my OB told me at my 35 week appointment that our baby was “Head down low, ready to go!”. Hubby and I weren’t quite sure what that meant, and din’t really put much thought into it – how long will a baby sit in position until they’re born? It could be a month right?
One week later (at 36 weeks gestation), I sat up from a nap, suddenly having the urge to pee – as I sat up I peed myself, or so I thought… 20 min later I started having contractions, and more fluid leaked with each contraction… four short hours later we welcomed our beautiful (but small) daughter, Sierra into our family.
Today I had my 36 week midwife appointment. Guess what she told me? This baby is also “head down low, ready to go”. It could be any day – it could be a month from now.
I’m not taking chances.
- My bag is packed.
- My diaper bag is packed.
- The infant seat is installed.
- I got a beautiful new haircut, hi-lites and lo-lites. It looks AWESOME!
- I have lots of help lined up to look after Sierra and Brooke when I go into labour.
- My house is
- My cell phone is charged.
- There’s a full tank of gas in my van.
We’re ready baby!
How much do you want to bet that because we’re all ready, baby will arrive in a month from now, right on it’s due date?