I drive a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe that I love, love, love! Yes it’s old, and yes the kids have spilled sticky weird things all over it, and yes it has a very funky smell inside – but I’m sure a trip to a car detailing place to have it cleaned and shampooed will take care of all of that. The best part – we own it. Yep – we finished paying it off two yrs ago and it has been cheap driving ever since – unlike my hubby’s 2007 Mazda 6 that he gifted himself for Christmas after I gave him socks & underwear. Hubby’s POS car cost us $8 grand in repairs this past spring!!! (We had to replace the engine on it exactly TWO WEEKS after the warranty expired). Obviously I’m no longer a fan of Mazda ‘cause the 8 grand could have been used to stop my damn bathroom from leaking into my kitchen….
My Santa Fe has been super reliable, besides oil changes, tires and brakes my “truck” hasn’t cost us a dime. BUT… (‘cause there’s always a but) we have a third child on the way and we have no idea how to fit an infant carrier, a booster seat and a car seat in the bench seat across the back. So we’re stuck with a dilemma:
* Do we try to squish the three seats in?
* Do we buy a new 7-seater (SUV, Cross-over or the dreaded Mini-van)?
* Do we lease a new vehicle?
* Do we take over a lease of a vehicle, then buy it?
* Do we keep our beloved Santa fe or trade it in?
We need to come up with an answer soon too ‘cause I’m now at the half-way point of my pregnancy (yes – already!). Summer will go by fast and before we know it we’ll be on baby count down!
So here are my questions for all those moms of three out there:
* Do you have any tips on fitting three seats across the back bench of a vehicle?
* If you drive a seven + seater:
* What vehicle do you drive?
* Do you like your vehicle?