Today while nursing down Baby Brooke for her morning nap, I began to fantasize about saving time in a bottle. Time is going by so quickly that I wish I could preserve moments like these forever:
- the smell of her head
- the sound of her stuffy nose breathing
- the sound of her increasing swallows as I letdown
- the sound of her decreasing swallows as she drifts off to sleep
- the warmth of her belly against my belly
- the feel of her soft hair in my hand as I stroked her head to help her sleep
- the feel of her soft twitches as her body succumbs to sleep
- the look of her long dark eyelashes against her cheek when her eyes are closed
I didn’t want to put her down to sleep in her crib, I wanted to sit there and hold her forever – protecting her from this cruel world. Like a mama bear protecting her young. But I knew I had to, for downstairs a cry rang out breaking the silence: "Mommy! I need to poop!".
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could save time in a bottle so that we could revisit moments like these whenever we want to? I know that Don Mills Diva and Queen of Spain certainly would. I would save the moment I first held each of my girls, all of the moments when they fell asleep in my arms – the first time Sierra said "mama", etc… What moments would you save?